1. If you have not already, we encourage you to read through the material on this website to familiarize yourself with our practice and to prepare for your first session.
2. After you have contacted us and been granted portal access, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to your Client Portal, where you can complete your intake paperwork, view our calendar, and request an appointment. (Be sure to check junk/spam folders if you don’t see the email in your inbox.)
Please complete your paperwork before your first session.
3. If you are paying privately, we will charge the credit card you provide in your intake paperwork on the day of your scheduled meeting. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please let your clinician know prior to your meeting and bring your desired form of payment to each appointment. Also, you may prepay here. Venmo is accepted as well (@rosettamentalhealth). If using your insurance benefits, please familiarize yourself with our office policy regarding insurance prior to your meeting.
4. In your first session, you and your therapist will talk about the reason(s) you have decided to seek therapy. Issues of privacy and confidentiality will be reviewed and any questions you have will be addressed. You and your therapist will identify treatment goals and formulate a plan which suits you and your needs, including treatment modalities, frequency of sessions, and homework if deemed appropriate.
5. Above all else, do your best to relax, as this is a confidential, non-judgmental space in which to unpack all which is troubling you. There is no “right” way to “do” therapy. Often, it is simply a matter of having a truthful and authentic conversation.